From the desk of the President
My sincere greetings to my fellow ACNAA colleagues across America. As the busy and intense activities of summer 2022 settle, the National Executive Council wants to thank you for the continuous support of ACNAA’s mission. Our mission is to save lives and improve anesthesia outcomes through healthcare relief missions and education.
As I reflect on the efforts of Cameroonian Nurse Anesthetists, I am struck by the unwavering support of our mission. Permit me to recount some of our activities over the past year:
- Scholarship for Nurse Anesthesia students
- Grant support for DNP Project exploring virtual and hands-on training for regional anesthesia in Cameroon
- First ever Cameroon Conference of Nurse Anesthetists
- Donation of medical supplies to institutions in Cameroon
- Record number of Cameroon Nurses admitted into Nurse Anesthesia training programs across the country
- At the individual level, ACNAA members continue to grow professionally, create businesses, and give back to their communities here in the United States and Cameroon.
As President, I am proud of the work you do every day and our collective efforts. Over the past year and a half, I have had the incredible opportunity to interact with national leaders from the American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology (AANA), American Nurses Association (ANA), International Federation of Nurse Anesthetists (IFNA), etc. In all these encounters, enhancing the image of ACNAA and its members remains my priority. Our partnerships with other institutions continue to facilitate our activities while opening new avenues to advance our mission.
For the remainder of 2022, plans are fully underway for the 2nd Cameroon Conference of Nurse Anesthetists (CCNA) scheduled for Dec. 13 to 16, 2022. The conference’s theme is “Improving Access and Quality of Anesthesia Care Through Knowledge Exchange.” I am looking forward to seeing you in Buea.
Long live ACNAA
Edwin N. Aroke, PhD, CRNA, FAANA, FAAN